- Rainy Day Fun
- When he was young, my Grandpa tells
- They didn't have TV
And even cars were kind of scarce
- Which sure seems strange to me.
- They had no fridge or freezer
- And no electric Fryer.
The clothes were scrubbed and hung outdoors.
- They had no washer-dryer.
- There were no airports anywhere.
- The travel was by train,
And if they went to foreign shores,
- They went by ship, not plane.
- If course they had no VCR,
- No Saturday cartoons.
I asked him, "Just what did you do
- On rainy afternoons?"
- He looked at me and with a smile
- He very gently said,
"We did something quite important,
- Mv dear child - we read."