I looked at her today as if she was my tiny child
- Her hair flowing long and eyes as blue as the sky,
- her skin so soft, so fair.
- She is a grown married woman now,
- not the young girl I still want to see.
- She doesn't need me to survive,
- but yet she does.
- She can cross the street on her own,
- but I still want to protect her from danger.
- I wish I could love and protect her forever
- and never have to leave her.
- I see myself in her, the good and the bad.
- I see a lovely creature who is a loving human being
- helping others in her field of service.
- I wish her everything good in life.
- It's not easy being a mother and letting go even now.
- I want to still hold her hand
- and help her through life's passages.